This licensing information is designed to provide a summary of the minimum education requirements established by the Indiana Real Estate Commission. We recommend you contact the Indiana Real Estate Commission for more detailed information or changes.
Indiana Broker Pre-License Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age before applying for a license
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Successfully complete a Board approved 90 Hour Pre-License course
- Submit the required application
- Pass the State Exam; see Indiana real estate license exam prep
- Beginning July 1, 2014, the license renewal period for all real estate licensees will last three (3) years. All real estate licensees will have to complete twelve (12) hours of approved continuing education each year, for a total of thirty-six (36) hours over the three year renewal period.
- If your license was issued on July 1, 2014 or after, you are required to complete the post-licensing education within 2 years of the date of issuance
- Post-licensing education can be counted towards the required continuing education as outlined in 876 IAC 7-4-2
- If you also hold the Managing Broker eligibility, 4 hours of the required 12 hours must be managing broker CE as outlined in 876 IAC 7-5-2